There are times when the only thing we can say is I’m still here; times when life has shaken us around like a ragdoll and left us for dead, times when it hurts to breathe. Those are the times when we have to stand on faith that God has our back and He has The Plan. If we listen to our emotions during those times we can easily fall into despair and slip into victim mode without even realizing it. That’s when we need to stand firm and remind the devil that he has no power over us because we are God’s chosen. That’s when we pull out the arsenal of scripture we have that reminds us that God is good and He is in control. Here are two of my favorite go to verses. 1 John 4:4 “4 You are from God, little children, and have overcome them; because greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world.” John 16:33 33 These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world.” Getting into the Psalms is also good when we are in that dark place. That’s when we tell the devil that we will outlast him. We rely on what we know is true until our feelings catch up with the truth.
There are a few more things we can do to keep us on track.
1) When the hard times come we look back at all the victories God has given us and remind ourselves that He will do it again.
2) We remind ourselves that things don’t always work out the way we planned, but in the end God’s Plan is always better than our own.
3) We realize we are not meant to walk through this on our own. We need to reach out for reinforcements to stand in the gap and pray for us until our feelings catch up with
what our spirit knows.
4) We remember that there is always something of value that we can learn through each and every thing we experience. We are being given the opportunity to show God’s power
to those around us.
5) We need to remember that this is only temporary. (This is only a Test!)
If we continue to walk in faith eventually one of two things will happen. 1) Our circumstances will change or 2) We will change. There are times when God uses our circumstances to test us and reveal our character. Joyce Meyer has a saying that I repeat very often in times of trial. “God is not nearly as interested in our comfort as He is in our character.” As much as we try to avoid pain, we only truly grow when we are uncomfortable. It’s during those dark times that we truly get to know the nature of God.
Who can you call to stand in the gap and pray for you?
Please share your victories to encourage others or any tests you are going through so I can support you in prayer. Also feel free to share some of your favorite verses.